ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Friday, November 16, 2007

Sickie

I think I took a sickie today. I woke up feeling wretched, convinced myself I had a headache, runny nose and achy limbs, then felt instantly better after phoning in.

So today I did a big supermarket shop for the first time in ages, visited the Chinese veg shop and the local butcher for a ham hough, planned out some home-cooked family meals and am baking my special macaroni cheese for the kiddos. This incorporates gruyere in the cheese sauce, leftover tomato sugo stirred in and fresh tomatoes on the top. The black beans for my magnificent Mexican black bean stew are soaking, and my specially bought-in freezer bags will ensure that the leftovers from a cooking frenzy can become further meals.

John Cale: Hallelujah