ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Dearie me

It's been quiet here. Lots of work, of course, but now my dad's in hospital. Again. As if the man's not had enough hospitals in the last decade. First they took away his kidneys, then his adrenals, then his thyroid and his parathyroids. Granted, they gave him back someone else's kidney but he takes about 30 pills a day to replace all the bits that have been removed.

But that recent headache got worse and worse, and when a scan was done it showed curious 'lumps' that shouldn't be there in his brain. They've made the headache go away with a small neurosurgical procedure, but the lumps are still there. They're doing more scans so they can decide what to do next, but unfortunately the brain is not an organ that can be whisked away and replaced by a pill.

There may be light posting here in the meantime for obvious reasons, but then again I may choose to broadcast recent events such as when I drunkenly cut my hair myself, or the slug student who interviewed us for a placement, or the wee wan's new hamster.