ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Time

Where does the time go? Mostly working, clocking up 54 hrs both last week and this at all times of the day and night.

This week I worked all day Mon, Tues and Weds, went in Weds night for 2 hrs till late then couldn't sleep. Up till 3 am at home working, downed a temazepam to get a nap, then up again to go in for another full day at 9.30 am on Thurs. I got home about 5.30 pm for a short break before returning for 13 hr overnight shift that night. Over Thurs night and Friday morning I suspect I was becoming slightly doolally- overly happy and disinhibited, more extrovert than normal. Exchanged stories in the night with a favourite colleague of hallucinogens I've enjoyed and historical encounters with god.

When I exited on Friday morning, colours were preternaturally bright, the trees rather wise and birds were talking in tones only I can understand. Getting on the bus, I'm smiling foolishly at the other passengers in my bonhomie. All drug-free, then home for 15 hrs of catch-up sleep.

William Blake pictures showing at the National Galleries for this quarter. Dare I see them without blowing an already overstretched mind? Yes!