ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Look!

Itt walks, Itt talks, Itt smiles! The Big Wan is restored to me!


It's so nice to be sharing the household with a human bean again and not a zombie! In celebration I'm taking him to see Simon Amstell next weekend. We love his smug, self-satisfied bullying of the panel on 'Never Mind the Buzzcocks', but should be prepared for a more intellectual routine at the show. We will try to act our ages instead of our shoe sizes. Also, I snagged the last two tickets in very bad but cheap seats for the Festival production of 'The Bacchae' at the King's, with Alan Cumming, for R. and me. It's by Euripides, don'tcha know, but will have a black gospel Greek chorus and Alan in a fetching gold skirt. Daniel Kitson is sold out (sadly), though previously he and I had hit it off in a conversation about hot squaddies from Colchester. R. may remember this...