ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Catshit and MBPI


The simplest expedient, as suggested by the Big Wan, was to excise the offending pieces of carpet using a Stanley knife. Here She is studiously ignoring the outcome of Her dirty protest, and flicking Her tail. Now I know that it will cost £200 for the cheap fix and £700 for the nice one, I can ignore it too.

Recently, both R. and I have taken a Myers Briggs Personality Inventory. It took me about five seconds to object to the methodology which allocates responders to types based on a 1% preference for one side of an axis- totally in keeping with my type. I'm keeping my polarised 'type' secret for now, but was fascinated to learn that my best friend R. opposes me on all but the weakest axis. I gather that the original thinking on the Myers-Briggs oppositions derived from Jung, and possibly from astrology before that, which is of course is twaddle. The mainly interesting outcomes from such activities are the imposition of a human nature which seeks for order and pattern out of chaos.

Just for fun, please take the free test, and report your 4-letter type. You tell me yours, and I'll tell you mine.

From Songs for Drella:
Images
Trouble with Classicists
Starlight