ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Labradors

Today I worked a 10 hr weekend shift, which earned me £51 and a day off; almost exactly the same as I spent on replacing the little bedroom telly which went kaput. You can pick between a hundred plasma or LCD flat-screen tellies from £300-£3000, but a small 14" old-style model is now difficult to find, especially if you don't need or want a DVD player inbuilt. Less is more, sometimes.

The boss asked today about my dad's health- answer: not good- and then drew from this a long story about the veterinary care of his aged labradors' cancers that turned out to be fungal overgrowths. There's some kind of blundering positive message to be gained from this, but it's opaque and precipitately verging on the comical. I like non-human organisms as much as the next bloke, but a Dad and a labrador do not yet have equivalent value, psychodynamically.