ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happiness

I was privileged that every one of close friends altered their plans to come round on Friday night to help celebrate my good fortune in the new jobbie. We drank cheap pink fizz and I got lots of kisses for my serendipity. I fell into my bed at 2am, full of positive thoughts, and my hangover the next day was full of deserved happiness too.

It's so shallow, but in two days, I've gained potential financial latitude to book a weekend away in the Trossachs with my dear friend R. and a week in Noo Yawk with my dad, step-mum and the kiddos in July. My cup runneth over!

R. was here last night when the boiler of the new tenants upstairs burst in a quite spectacular manner, causing a Niagara Falls of filthy, smelly water to pour out of my kitchen light fittings and the wall of my kitchen chimney breast. Just Mum and Granny were in residence and had not had to cope with such as this before, so I found their mains tap and switched it off before Gareth downstairs also started to suffer.

Some might've despaired at this act of God, yet all I could think of was how fortunate I was that this had occurred before my prospective kitchen re-fit! I'm a fortunate creature, so I am, I am, I am!