ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Refurburation




While away in the Flatlands, I spent a soupcon of the kiddos' inheritance for Donald and Kevin to fit a new bathroom. A far as I'm aware, we're the only flat in our stack of three to finagle a tub into the small shower-room. None of the tenants of the other two, of course, speak to me anymore. Result!

Since neither tall nor wide by habitus, this corner tub is genuinely comfortable for me. Not so sure about the Big Wan (now about 5' 10") but since he chooses bath over shower since the refurb he must be able to hunker in, if not luxuriate like I.

eBay is sending me an offcut of industrial lino in a pale green, studded with non-slip mica, to finish the floor and I'm looking for a mirror to stare at me from above the sink. Tomorrow, God willing, I'll be painting those beautifully smooth plastered walls a clean white.

I tried to see 'Il Divo' tonight. I really wanted to understand such a beautifully scripted and filmed work, but after 1.5 hrs couldn't for the life of me piece together the fragmented conspiracies feeding on Andreotti's reign. I do know I'd like to live on those sets/locations forever.