ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Monday, May 04, 2009

Long weekend

I relished 4 days off in a row from the day jobbie, and that felt wonderful. One day just sleeping, one day visiting mum and working up a possible alternative jobbie, one day in the Botties and the pub with good company, and today 11.5 hrs marking the M.Sc.'s. This must be what they call a work-life balance, and it feels much better than last week.

On the domestic front, I was trying to further the kitchen re-fit by applying for a mortgage loan increase. All looked great, until my credit rating turned turtle. I applied for and received this, and my rating number is in the 'excellent' category, but... I'm not on the electoral register. And I can't be because I've never been naturalised as British despite 38 yrs residence.

As a young adult, becoming a British citizen wasn't necessary, then once a working parent the £130 necessary to do the paperwork was never readily available. While I was waiting to get richer,the cost has risen to £795, an English test, a UK knowledge exam and the necessity to get an original birth certificate and then try to explain why it's not my applicant's name. But it'll be worth it to clear my credit rating.