ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Monday, December 11, 2006

Favourite dogs

Yesterday the inevitable happened, and my favourite dogs met down the Braidburn. H., I and Reekie were walking from one end, my dad and Jake from the other, and we met at the halfway point entirely by coincidence. There's a dogwalker's fraternity down there. I don't know half the human regulars' names, but most of the dogs'. I'd heard through the dogwalker grapevine that Reekie and Jake had previously met and enjoyed a gay one-day stand, before H. and I had ever met.

And so it happened again. Jake was delighted to meet me, his 'sister', and though neutered assumed top dog and cheerfully shagged Reekie, who acquiesced happily despite still possessing his testicles. However, Reekie had (despicably) already had a gay encounter (this time as top dog) with a three-legged greyhound further down the path. That's just taking advantage. None have any shame. I wish I'd had my camera, but for all I know such images may be prosecutable.

Incidentally, I'd intended to buy both these significant dogs in my life a "ball launcher" for their Xmas, but Dofos was sold out. Still had a little love-in with the shop cats, each in their Xmas glittery collars. Will have to try again at the weekend, when stocks may be in, after phoning first to check stocks.

Addendum
My mum tells me that her friend who keeps giant African land snails has been blessed with babies, now looking for homes. Tempted as I am, responsibility for other pets is not a good idea, and I have respectfully declined. I understand that they can be euthanised by freezing, though I wouldn't like to have this on my conscience. I did freeze the Jungle Nymph eggs, but before they had hatched, as there's much less guilt at this stage. Maybe GW Bush would like to adopt the snails, and any other snail eggs, in his quest to preserve life.