ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Dream diaries

Thursday-
Took part in some kind of protest demonstration marching from London to Brighton, joined by colourful folks along the way. Modelled on the Jarrow marches, I suspect. Twice a day we'd stop for water and food at sympathetic roadside cafes. Our last stop was at a rural cafe in Basque country, which later transformed into a castle. I knew it was Basque because the locals all had an 'x' (pronounced 'sh') in their name and I couldn't understand their speech, but recognised compatriots from non-verbal communication. In the cupola of the castle a panoramic IMAX screen was set up to let us watch films, and was in the back row enjoying a cuddle with a very attractive Basque laddie. Later this turned into a virtual reality or even real reality war game with a neighbouring tribe. I went out holding my baby to confront the marauders, as the Basques had agreed, and was instantly caught by one of the rivals. He raised a gun and said, "You're dead" without shooting. I acquiesced quite happily that my role in the game was over. It was a pleasant dream, since all the fighting was non-violent.

Friday-
I was looking after several Giant African Land Snails who kept taking off in various directions. I was very worried about their feet because there was rough terrain including broken glass from which they needed protection. I knew their mucous would shield them to an extent, but when one reached the glass field I had to unsuction its muscular foot from the surface and pick off the glass shards. Poor snail.