ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Interview

The interview's tomorrow, so am mugging up on the book R. lent me- "Brilliant Answers to Tough Interview Questions". It's 15 years since I had an interview. The worst, most delicate question will be why I left my last job. The interviewers phoned me yesterday to ask for a PDF of my Lancet article. This threw me into a minor panic and necessitated my blagging my way into Edinburgh Uni's Main Library with an outdated staff card this morning to access the journal stacks, photocopy and fax the paper. But maybe its a positive sign.

My Simone de Beauvoir specs are ready for collection, but I'll do the interview in my old ones. Accomodation to varifocals takes days and not hours, and apparently stairs can be particularly difficult. I shall be wearing my grey flannel embroidered skirt and a grey tweed jacket.

And this what I would miss- my dogwalks with h. down the Braidburn. The autumn trees are quite magnificent at present.