ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Interview

Today I am not just any-old dolie, but a dolie with an job interview. The post is local and in an appropriate clinical field and departmental setting. I can do that! Gissa job! I'm a 'team player' but 'able to work independently'! I can stand on my head and perform backflips, smiling broadly the whole time!

The new Simone specs unfortunately won't be ready in time, whose bluestocking air could represent the critical edge at interview. The panel make their decision in the first minute, mostly on hunches and subtextual impressions. Good advice is to avoid using the job interview methods of Spud (Trainspotting) or Hotboy.

On the other hand I'm prepared for disappointment mixed with relief. There's probably an internal candidate, and when would I fit work into a busy dog-walking schedule?