ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Friday, April 06, 2007

Jobbie

Oh dear. I don't know about this jobbie. After the first week I'm exhausted, anxious and slightly loopy. Not able to eat properly. Partly this will be normal when starting a new job, but sleep loss affects me badly, and I've had two short-lived psychotic episodes following this over the years, so am vulnerable.

Here's what I worked:
Sunday; Learning Outlook and setting up remote workplace desktop (5 hrs).
Monday ; 8.30 pm through to 10.30 am on Tuesday (16 hrs)
Wednesday; 7.30 am to 12.30pm, then 8.30 pm to Thursday 8.30 am (17 hrs)

Thankfully the 7.30am-10.30 am Friday was cancelled. Next week I have two 12 hr nightshifts, as well as extra time to try to get to grips with paperwork, emails, plus another gruelling family mediation meeting with the kiddos' dad. This is not fun, or even renumerative.

This is supposed to be a 20 hr per week parttime post. There's no extra money for extra hours or for unsocial hours. I'm supposed to take time-in-lieu for extra hours, but am already booked for 20-30 hrs/week for the rest of the month, so no time to take back extra hours- only to accumulate more.

Still, it is a holiday weekend and I have the kiddos, with no work till an overnight on Easter Monday. Must catch up with housework and if I can summon the energy, I prescribe myself lots of healthgiving, balancing walks.

Later:
Dinner at my folks with the kiddos, my sister and Jakie the dug put a big plaster on my graze. I shall sleep like the dead without any aids. Everything looks better with a full stomach and some kiddos round about while I'm awake for once. Best of all there's no bleeding ballet and jazz classes tomorrow so we all get to lie in and have a lazy day, maybe a Jakie walk. Just like labour's pain rapidly drifts into amnesia, this week wasn't really so bad, and am looking forward to the next. Happy holidays.