ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I Do- I Like Green Eggs & Ham!

When 'upgrading' to beta, Blogger asks for a google account. Partly for convenience and partly for pure badness I fed it the hotmail one and coaxed it to swallow. Now when signing in, Blogger gets a momentary dry heave, then thinks better of it and eats up its MSN hotmail lunch. This probably means Gates' and Google's agendas are the same (and you can fill in your own gaps here), but even so each signing-in seems a small sweet victory.

Let not 'signing in' be confused with 'signing on'. Due to a recent part-time opening at SlugWatch Corp, I may soon be able to attend the JobbieCentre to 'sign off'. I had just about gotten on top of the DWP system when now I will have to learn an entirely new set of skills involving Working Tax Credits, Child Tax Credits, income tax self-assessment, NI and MIRO. It was only recently that I applied for and received the free school meals and school clothing allowance from the Cooncil to which we've been entitled for a year. This served well in the epiphenomenon of irking the worst bourgeois sensibilities of kiddos' dad; but if I must give up such benefits in better interests, so be it.