ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I Do Not Like Green Eggs & Ham

I do not like it, Sam-I-am. After gentle suggestions for a couple of months, Blogger became insistent today that I had to change to 'Beta'. Blogger says I will be very happy, but since I was entirely happy before being forced to 'upgrade', my joy is somewhat attenuated.

The blog was quiet lately while a guest visited and was entertained. There had been lots of outings planned, but weather intruded and it turned out DVDs, home cooking and the fireplace were more inviting. A guest who brings 'Blue Planet' on DVD as a gift will always be welcome. The kitchen has been the site of many culinary adventures, of which the refined recipe for veg pakora and tamarind sauce is a particular hit. I shall post this later.

Mum had txted me about the lunar eclipse at the weekend, but there was nothing to see when we went out the stair for the spectacle. The cloud cover was bad. Despite owning an old-age bus-pass, Mum has embraced the facility and language of txt better than I can ever hope to, though she has always demonstrated excellent spelling and punctuation in the past.