ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Friday, December 22, 2006

Ho ho ho

That's the bad bit- the consumerism- over with today, so now I can settle back and enjoy the holiday. H.-who-is-very-good-to-me ferried me to the supermarket in our car to get my hors d'oeuvres' ingreediments for our Xmas feast. Only unobtainable item was a halibut fillet with which to make ceviche, but H. can pick this up at Clark Bros fishmonger in Musselburgh tomorrow. The kiddos' gifts are sorted, and now all that's left are some wrapping to do after kiddos are abed, and Sunday afternoon simmering a soup and assembling canapes for a lazy, fish-filled Xmas day. It was trolley lock from the supermarket entrance to exit, and disappointingly not all shoppers were showing the Xmas spirit, even in a Sainsbury's. What's the world coming to?

Some haven't waited decently to open their presents. Her Catness mugged the bag of Hannukah goodies within an hour of its delivery, expertly extracting the catnip-stuffed mouse intended for Her. That night after licking it silly She rampaged and careered like a pinball around the flat into the early hours. Now the poor mouse is eviscerated, its eyes and ears torn off and abandoned for dead, and She shows not a hint of mercy nor remorse. It was the same with the real mice when She came in.

Big Wan has been shown to have an extremely unsteady camera hand, despite not drinking. This is his close-up of my fancy silk jacket from SF's Chinatown.
And this some of my favourite people. I've been very poor about cards this year, since the festive spirit only touched me yesterday. Happy Eid, Channukah, Xmas, Winterval to my family, friends and my odds and sods. Several of you have honoured me with unreturned cards or presents, which are much appreciated. That list includes but is not confined to Sau, Nick, Jackie and CR Goff III. To you and those others I wish a splendid New Year.

ion xx