ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Odds and sods

It's a gorgeous day, which is fortunate because we have three BBQs to attend over the weekend. While too many of you will be sitting in a dark pub or sittingroom watching Engerland vs Paraguay I will be soaking up rays, blissfully free of football madness.

I finally got hold of Steve @ IKEA yesterday, and will probably get my refund. Ha! I've been phoning several times per day for a week on a number that was only answered once that whole time. Steve was presumably so frightened by me that he gave me a false surname, which hampered making contact too. But once tracked down he was at pains to make sure I was satisfied with his service. He tells me that if I can obtain written confirmation from my credit card that the sum wasn't previously refunded, I will be reimbursed. Ha ha! They should know better than to hand such a large sum to an impulsive and possibly deranged dolie, whose instant thought is to lose herself abroad somewhere warm with high biodiversity. Like, "I'm worth it".

Of course I have complaints too.

Cupo del Mondo for a start, and all the associated media tsunamis. It's quite possible I will express glee when Engerland get knocked out, which may offend some, but this is a national Scottish pastime. At the latter stages of the tournament, I will pick an underdog black team to support, and will be gutted when they're defeated.

The new housemate entering the Big Brother house is another cosmetically-enhanced woman. This means that the female housemates now have a 50/50 split between those with breast augmentations and those who remain au naturale, who could change camp anytime. Is this a representative sample? In the final vote, I want an option for the implants (independent of their wearers) to win.

Newsnight showed some appalling footage last night of Palestinian families shelled as they played on the beach.. a child chillingly screaming for her father. This is still haunting me this morning. I'm glad they showed it, but surprised that this story didn't make the online Guardian's frontpage. (It's in World News section). Is that because there was enough leftism/dissent shown already by the stories of the freeing of the Forest Gate 2?

Enough.

ion x