ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Sunday, March 09, 2008

What a week...

... and one I hope never to repeat.

1. A friend takes the hump with me because I haven't returned calls since my father's funeral.
2. The jobbie send me payslips that indicate a payrise. Since I was indeed promised a pay rise after a year (i.e. now), I'm buoyant and solvent. But after enquiry I'm told it's a mistake and I will have to pay back £1000. Later it turns out I was never paid the payslip amount, so I should be happy. I am not happy. Why?
3. The jobbie expects statistical research while declining to provide proprietary statistical software.
4. The jobbie denied me compassionate leave when dad was dying and dead, and on my suggestion recommended I get a sick note for absence.
5. Someone has grafitti-ed 'Paki' on Smiley Bros' cornershop wall. I find this overwhelming depressing for some reason.
6. Irate phonecall of complaint from downstairs neighbour at 5 am screaming at me "stop your, your... moving about!". I was indeed still half-awake, sitting at my computer researching jobs and locomoting quietly every hour or so for a cup of tea or a pee. I phoned the polis this morning, and they confirm that walking in one's own home after 11 pm does not constitute either unreasonable or anti-social behaviour. If I never post again, you'll know I've been axe-murdered during tomorrow's mediation meeting.

I wish I weren't always complaining. This week I shall be looking for something totally hedonic to communicate.