ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Rashly...

...I am trusting the dole during my transition to workfulness, that all their necessary counterbalanced inter-agency debits and credits are being performed. I receive many mysterious letters in brown envelopes with mysterious sums cited from all sorts of agencies, to be credited or debited from my benefits. How would I know if there'd been a mistake, without current expert knowledge of benefit pathways or double-entry bookkeeping?

In this week, I made a not-so-bad visit to my arch-nemesis IKEA, installed furniture, books and plants in my office, ordered stationery to my heart's content, and enjoyed an unsolicited visit from H. etc. She let herself in with her key on Saturday afternoon without so much as a warning call, txt or by-your-leave. I could've been in bed with the milkman! Instead I was nursing a cold on the sofa while enjoying Judy Garland and Fred Astaire in 'Easter Parade'. As my former paid cleaning technician, I couldn't allow H-etc. to see how low my personal standards of housekeeping can fall with shiftwork, so dislocated her to the over-the-road-pub ASAP. Otherwise she would've started hoovering, dusting furiously and polishing floorboards on her hands and knees, to my profound embarrassment.