ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Jobbies

Finally submitted a looming job application at the 11th hour. The likelihood of getting this post is vanishingly slim because I interviewed for them 2 months ago, but I want it because it involves dignified evidence-based work in a field of social benefit. I am listening to The Fall as I submit. Don't know if this helps.

Other news:
  • Wee wan can remember the nationalities, places and dates of both Goya and Turner
  • DVLA lovingly invited me to re-apply for my driving license
  • Scottish Power increases my calculated monthly payment for gas+elec to £115 per month. Since this is half my Income Support, this needs looking at.
  • National Artist-in-Residence Catriona Grant gets in touch to seek my interpretive feedback on a recent project
  • DWP increases my mortgage benefit in line with Bank of England rates
  • A local University advertises a job as a technician @ 2 hrs per week, £12.50 per week and thus £645 per annum, before tax. Any takers?