ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Friday, January 12, 2007

Jobbie


It was no surprise to be woken at 11 am yesterday by one of my interviewers to tell me I hadn't been successful. This was neither a surprise nor a blow. The post had required managerial responsibilities that (from experience) are known to make me miserable and crazy, and the 45 mins of Q&A after my presentation was excruciating for all concerned. The interviewer was kind enough to say that my presentation had been good and that I should apply for other related posts, but the interview resembled more than anything a mediaeval trial by ordeal and a test of standing up to stress, which is not a personal forte. My kiddos' Dad, who works in the same NHS organisation, had given me some good tips ahead of the 'competency-based' interview and had the decency to follow up and sympathise with me today. He is the owner of a good heart and is an excellent father, with our kiddos' success as a shared testament and legacy.