ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Mrs Mopp


Apologies H. I don't remember this, but apparently when she phoned this morning about 9 am, I told her not to come today. I was still asleep, but articulating some of my unease about our Tuesday dates. The historical background is that these arose when I was paying her for her help with cleaning last year, when I had a wage to pay her. Now a dolie, I can't pay for her excellent householding expertise anymore. She's still been coming over every Tuesday since, and we struggle and negotiate over how we spend that time. She wants to continue cleaning, and that's quite wrong from my point of view when I can't pay her. A recent negotiation has been to take Reekster down the Braidburn on our Tuesday dates, something we all enjoy. But today it was pissing down, and for the first time she respected my wishes and just sat down with me and chatted instead of buzzing around hoovering. I let her help me change the linen, a chance she leapt at, but I was happier just chatting. This woman has travelled all over Australasia, Europe, North and South America and has wonderful stories. Next Tuesday I want to hear the detailed story of when she joined the circus.