ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Identity

I've been thinning and filing paperwork to have an efficient office for my administrative activities. which are many. All is getting in order now, thanks to poly-pockets and good influences, but two vital documents are missing- my birth certificate, and my notarised change of name to my step-father's surname. These were submitted several years ago for divorce proceedings and (quite probably due to my negligence and the Guilty bag) then lost.

Getting a replacement birth certificate from the US is going to be an ordeal. I was born under one surname, that of my biological father, then by family convenience and common use adopted my step-father's surname. To complicate matters, my sister and I have the same initials and surname. Just as well I didn't change my name again when married- that would just have made an already tangled identity worse.

My change of surname wasn't formally notarised till I was in my 20's, but I've been known exclusively by this name since age 8. That means I have little evidence of my original identity, apart from my family's say-so. Legitimacy- identity- reality- all become suspect.

Addendum-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6aOQ6Nn3JQ&search=xRAY%20SPEX