ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Best prezzie

The award for best winter present, whether solstice, Xmas or Hannukah (we're non-denominational here, as you know) goes to R with the family present of a 1,000 piece jewelled jigsaw of coleopterids. A beetle-jewel festival, and IMHO.... fantastic.

I intend to use some leftover MDF board from one of my unused IKEA furniture items (which many households must harbour) as a platform on which to build our beetle jigsaw, me and the kids together. We may be busy for some time.

Given my agnosia for all things spatial, visual or orienteering in spirit, it's likely kids will get the better of me in this. I admit to acquired doses of compromised hippocampus and mammilary bodies on top of an inborn verbal, female, rational brain lateralisation. But I'm determined we'll succeed, and that afterwards our assembled panoply of coleopterid beauty will be lacquered or laminated and hung on a handy wall.