ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Seasonal break


Locally, day breaks beside Arthur's Seat about 9am these days, and the sun sets alongside Blackford Hill around 3pm. I've been wearing my wooly hat with a bobble indoors. So with flagrant disregard for the environment, I'm flying to San Diego next week where it's 75 F by day and 55 by night, with sunrise and sunset at around 7 on both passes of the clock. I'll be hanging out with honey and his daughter, will hopefully spend a lot of time in bed and visiting with my folks. Not all at the same time though.

Heather's dropping me off at the airport, and kindly caring for Her Catness while I'm away. To Her, H smells quite unacceptably either of the cat Pierre or dog Reekie, and She can't pass H without hissing and retroflecting her whiskers and ears. Or... maybe it's because H threatens frequently to shave Her for casting hair. I'll be interested to learn if cupboard love will overcome territorialism after a fortnight of feeding from H. There was somewhat of an outrage enacted during a night last week. The kitchen floor on awakening was scattered with catnip drops, which had migrated into the hall and the WC too. Not a big deal in itself, but any household member scattering catnip drops for Herself should hoover up afterwards- house rules. But both kids denied having opened the catnip drop bag or indulged Her more hedonistic tendencies recently, and they wouldn't lie about it. The conclusion is forced that She Herself pawed open the catnip drawer, hookedout the catnip bag and strewed the contents through the house. I'm gonna send her to the Betty Ford clinic, like Kate Moss. Meanwhile my greeting in San Diego from bobtail cat Cero is likely to be just as enthusiastic as Heather's from Herself. He throws a three-day sulk in the closet every time I turn up, mostly because I had the temerity to examine his ears for mites (an infestation he later proved to have) some 6 months ago.