ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Two nightmares

When you sleep too long, have oestrogen swings or neglect to take your medication, excessive REM intrudes into your sleep.

Nightmare#1: Rousing semi-conscious in a lather of sweat, hair soaked and scalp aflame. Semi-rational waking dream that the nits are back. Note in the dream state the itch distribution (behind ears and underside of occiput) is compatible with pediculosis, and resolve to perform a diagnostic combing in the morning. Drift off again.

Nightmare #2: One of those lucid dreams. My ex-husband abruptly disappears in a far-flung shopping mall and runs off in my car, leaving me to find my way home with no familiar landmarks. I am royally pissed off and find the nearest bus driver to vociferously demand information on where the fvck I'm situated, and how to get home. I kicked up merry hell in the dream, and woke refreshed.