ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Procrastinations R Us

I've done it again, and put off an acheivable something until it became a soaring obstacle. I've been helping Heather, who's dyslexic, with some paperwork for a union grievance against her management. I've been able to boil down some specific accounts to well-structured responses to management behaviour. Heather, who's told me about her nomadic careers in the circus, caring for a quadriplegic husband, chambermaiding and in educational support, all the time raising solo a son now well established at university.

But confronting me are 30 closely-written pages from Heather to transform into a case for constructive dismissal and/or harassment. And there is a real case there, amongst the misspelt emotive accounts, but I need some time to read and digest this lot and transform it into a rational case. Today, missing my man, and angry about this, I'm playing for kicks the Velvets' 'White Light/White Heat', and again came across 'The Gift', but I'm changing the ending.