ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Monday, November 07, 2005

Girlfriends



Girlfriend

If I were to walk to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston
Well, first I'd go to the room where they keep the Cezanne
But if I had by my side a girlfriend
Then I could look through the paintings
I could look right through them...

--------------------------

I think I know how Jonathan feels, and can identify with his longing. For various reasons, my girlfriends are widely dispersed. And as is often the case, I'm not reading email, so amn't in as close touch as I should be. Of my girlfriends, the heartland of a woman's viewpoint, two have past or current experience of pregnancy at age 40+, three are negotiating 'blended' families and two dealing with a beloved father's illness or death. Women have an early and heavy burden.

I love my girlfriends, all of them unconditionally, and wish to support them as they do me. I love those beguiling slant-eyed females. For the girls, I send Joni Mitchell's Coyote from Hejira, 1976.

Coyote lyrics
http://www.lyricsdepot.com/joni-mitchell/coyote.html
Audio sample
http://www.univie.ac.at/Anglistik/easyrider/data/av-files/Coyote.wav