ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Enhanced Disclosure III

I may be starting to enjoy this correspondence too much, but everyone needs a hobby!

----------------------------------------------------
14th Aug 2008

Dear [Disclosure Scotland],

Thank you for your letter of 12th August informing me of the result of your enquiries with Sussex Police Force Disclosure Unit (SPFDU).

In this you inform me that SPFDU have determined that "since [my] last conviction showing on the record is 22/03/06- the conviction dated 09/08/04 will remain until 22/03/18 as a minimum period under current guidelines" and that "Therefore they are not prepared to change the information previously disclosed".

In response, I would I would ask both you and SPFDU to re-examine your records.

It was clearly stated in my email below that the conviction disclosure I am disputing dates from 09/08/1984. I have no conviction from 09/08/2004 as stated, and can be reasonably confident given my unusual, if not unique name, that inaccurate conviction details supplied by SPFDU are not due to identity confusion.

Therefore I would ask you to re-present my dispute, whose substance was stated in my email below, to SPFDU.

To reiterate: I have no dispute that my conviction of 22/03/06 will be disclosed until 2018 under current guidelines. It is my 09/08/1984 conviction whose disclosure I dispute.

I hope you will forgive my comment that this exchange has not so far bolstered my confidence in the accuracy of information held by Sussex Police Force, PNC or Disclosure Scotland, or the reliable implementation of ACPO guidelines for Disclosure Scotland purposes. However, it is reassuring that my middle name is now being spelled correctly.

Kind regards,
[ion]