ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Monday, June 30, 2008

Holidays!

I'm preparing 3 hrs of teaching tomorrow, delivering this in Bristol on Weds, back for last meetings at the Slug Factory on Thursday, before two glorious weeks of holiday! Kiddos, Big Wan's friend Chimily, I and my friend will spend the first week at a farm cottage in North Yorks. An open fire, an outdoor hot-tub and three goats on site!

Goats are perhaps my favourite domesticate (excepting dogs) so am looking forward enormously to making their acquaintance. I picked the location to re-visit some sites from a holiday as a pre-teen with mum and dear departed dad, walking the Cleveland Way. With my wee car (should it pass its MOT) we're in range of beaches, cliffs, moors, hills and dales. The kiddos will hopefully find self-organised amusement on the farm while I, the Queen of Sheba, eat, drink, smoke, read and sleep to excess. Hooray! Second week will be at home, but we'll do day trips inc. hopefully a visit to Samye Ling. It doesn't get better than this! This is the life!