ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Friday, June 13, 2008

#2 Disgrace

... was rather minor compared to #1. I met up with my old schoolfriend D., mother of my 'miracle-baby' godson (now approaching his second birthday). D. has been very good to me over many years. She moved up with me for the first 3 months of my divorce in 2000, and together we selected my current abode with the benefit of MDMA, and it was a good choice! Life was rather different for us both then, but then we've been through many life changes both before and after then while preserving mutual regard.

So we met at Liverpool St station with the full intent of catching some capital culture- maybe the Cranach exhibition or the Xian statues. Went to a local hostelry to assemble our plans and were still there 4 hrs later. While I have kept my liver enzymes on high-alert for this time through regular challenges, for the last 3 years D. has been pregnant or mothering, while her previously polypharmaceutical partner has been through detox and successful abstention.

Thus when I was just getting loosened up, she'd reached her limit and required my assistance to make it home. This makes me what is termed by the AA 'an enabler', and was previously known as a 'bad influence'. But a loving one.