ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Malamute

An early walk up the Braidburn today, when we had the pleasure to meet Nanook and his 'dad', Dougall. Reekie loves Nanook, an adolescent malamute/alsation cross dog. Nook is huge, gorgeous but quite shy, hiding between his dad's legs when smaller but more dominant dogs approach, but now becoming more extrovert. Reekster, an 'undressed' dog, can be aggressive towards others but displays a sweet gentleness and playfulness with Nook even when trying to get a quick blow-job from him, as dogs will. My folks' dog, Jakie, although 'dressed', is LGBT (we joke), as he'll try it on with any gender in any orifice with relentless cheerfulness. Indeed, after I met H. and Reekster I learned both already knew Jakie and my mum from the Braidburn, when Jakie had turned Reekster LGBT too.

Normally extremely biddable, Reekster hates leaving Nook behind and resists commands to 'walk on' even after a long play. I have a fondness for malamutes, as my first childhood dog was one such. He was a beautiful but very bad dog who would trash the house, shit deliberately in shoes, vandalise the pantry and who destroyed my treasured stuffed toy monkey and my pink parasol. One time he scratched the front door to within an inch of its life, crashed through the bathroom window glass to escape, and was lost for 2 weeks before posters brought him back home. I've since learned that malamutes are known for being destructive when left alone, as Loki was.