ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Tuesday

I drift between the days I see my kids, feeling myself properly only when they're around. Hopefully I will soon make an update concerning the big wan's saltational jump into adulthood- amazing, instant, surprising and charming.

Their Dad has taken them to Ireland for the week, at which they're hopefully making Giant steps at the Causeway and communing with donkeys. My folks, R. and I had a hilarious time at dinner last Sunday, recounting the memorable Irish family holiday when I was c. 10 yrs, mid 1970s. Dad remembered how we got lost on the Falls Road in Belfast at the height of the Troubles, and how at our southern Irish farmhouse an elderly lady died peacefully during a mid-morning nap. I was tasked to distract her grandchildren while the GP and the undertakers were called to confirm she was really, really, stone-cold dead, and I got a peek.