ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Is this Kelso?

On the warmest weekend yet this summer, Heather and Peter Ballocks are down at Kelso (in the Borders) for a motorbike fest. There were several calls yesterday to summon me down by bus, and apparently they'd kindly arranged accommodation in the next-door tent with two weedgie gadgies (huh?).

However, I thought to join them this morning, since the site is on the banks of the wide river Tweed with a ruined castle in the grounds. But I waited in vain for the Kelso bus at the wrong stop (signalling that I wasn't meant to go) and was instead destined to fill out job apps (the other choice). Went downtown to bookshops instead to spend IKEA money on books, getting sunburnt on the walk though I had Kelso suncream in my bag. Freckles will be out in force tomorrow.