ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

More of parturition

D's bump (last pictured at 36 weeks gestation) turned into a fine boy- 8lbs 1 oz (old money), which is pretty damn big for a 5'2" woman to deliver. But then her man's 6'2" and of pikey/gypsy stock, so what do you expect. I took the precaution of smoking through pregnancy so I could have a normal vaginal delivery, unlike D. She'll know better next time.

Aaron's birthchart:
Cancer as his sun
Gemini rising
Taurus in his moon

There's no doubt that Aaron will be a wonderful boy, and I look forward to getting to know him much, much better. I'm interested to note his Old Testament name. Although she insists on the connection with Elvis's dead twin, I know that D. is technically Jewish, like her alcoholic maternal grandmother, and she may be remembering this in his name.