ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Friday, June 23, 2006

Hatches, Matches, Dispatches

Due to sterling detective work, I can boast that my longest friend, D., at the age of thirty-forty-cough has delivered me a godson, and my heart is full.

Knowing her due date was last Saturday, I've been trying to phone her on landline and mobile, and email to a full mailbox for the last 5 days, all to no avail. Today I phoned the hospital into which she was booked to see if she'd been admitted, and traced her to a post-natal ward.

Got her bedside phone # (50p/min), to hear her sounding wan but OK after a long labour( 4 days from when her waters broke) and an emergency caesarean, when silly boy's cord was wrapped around his neck and his heartrate fell. Thank fuck for hospitals, and thank D. for bringing a wonderful bump out to the world.

Addendum-
Hello to Silly Boy- DOB 22.06.06. Very pleased to meet you, bawling over the line when I talked to yer mum today. Hope I can be as good an Aunty to you as yer Mum has been to my kids.