ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Pet dreams

I'm far too happy today. Her Catness and I are both bathing in a pool of warm sunlight flooding my kitchen as I write. What's wrong with me?

I had two dreams last night, which I atypically remembered- a) a delicious sexy one about my BF and b) that I adopted two golden Lab puppies. My friend R hypothesises that the puppies represented my kids, but I think its more straightforward than that. I grew up with and adore dogs, and wish I could commit to one. In the dream, I adopted the puppies without telling my folks (who would worry about over-committment), but once they met them they fell in love and rescinded their disapproval. For the record, I'd never choose a pure-bred dog and probably never a puppy, given the older abandoned dogs that need homes, but it did speak of my desire for the canine companionship I grew up with. I'm not into dream symbolism apart from the obviously interpretable anxiety dreams most people get (eg the 'naked on the bus to work' scenario I get before every conference).

Her Catness is so crap she doesn't even purr, or at least not audibly, nor is she a lapcat, being far too haughty and superior to allow this. However, she does in her version of lovey-dovey moments sit next to me on the sofa and accept my appropriate adoration. In her really responsive moods, she'll ask for claps with a reprimanding touch of the paw, and respond with an inaudible but feelable vibration of the throat region, as she did last night. However, BF tells me that when I leave the house she often yowls at my absence. Why can't she tell me she likes me while I'm there?