ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Mission statement

I'm still feeling pummelled after the virus, one of the reasons I had a go at poor Ken for bringing up MedialensWatch at FallujaForum. Sorry Ken, whoever you are. It's not your fault, and that kind of overreaction is one of the reasons I suspended myself from Medialens after becoming detrimentally over-involved in internecine debates, the rhetorical battles, and the patterns of these.

Essentially I'm insufficiently sophisticated, organised or adept to contribute constructively to Medialens. I continue to support their aims, and am now tired of the criticisms and counter-criticisms, hence my poor humour on these matters. I may even go back someday, when I have a better voice. Their newly unveiled makeover is very clean, fresh and hygienic-feeling :).

I still don't have a mission statement for 'going blog' except for the advantage that it's more unidirectional and private, and I've found it more comfortable than the intensely political world out there. I don't know whether it's for politics, reading, family memories or what. Nevertheless, I've also been encouraging grime partner sau in this direction for the same constructive reasons.