ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Musical gifts

A kind friend has sent me PJ Harvey and friends' 'Dance Hall at Louse Point', with which I wasn't familiar. A treasure to keep and not lose, as I recently managed with PJ's 'UH Huh Her' and three Fall CDs. Not only have I received new ear candy, but I recovered PJ's UHH and 2 Mark E Smith products from a dust-bunny inhabited corner of the sitting-room. Now I'm at least half-fulfilled, with something old and something new for music.

Listening to music instead of speech was a habit lost last year when my midi-system CD player died, yet is a refreshing change from speech. The bling-bling PC in the house has poundstretcher speakers, but the laptop's are quite good. I've included a few music links in the sidebar here in celebration.

And this is what my frail memory has Polly wearing in Glasgow last year, unless my memory's conflated and confabulated my concert experience with Sau's around the same time :). I could also be confusing this with images seen in real-life and on monitor of Karen O from the the YYYs. Could Karen and Polly share the same designer, by any chance?

Image from alyssasgallery.com.