ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Sunday, June 17, 2007

New Regime

It's likely that there will be fewer of my ramblings here over the next wee while. I am due to move to fulltime slugwatching in a couple of weeks and this will limit my free time and necessitate a change in my alcohol intake. Of course you'd never guess (since my spelling is preserved under the influence), but very often these communiques arise after quite some imbibement. Like Hotboy I intend to go practically teetotal, except more so.

Specifically, this means no alcohol in the house during the week. A social drink during the week as normal people can manage might be allowed, but only at most 2 small glasses of wine and only in company. Those are the rules. There will be no weekday hangovers and no damn sleeping in! I am a professional! There can be no alcohol in the house because my automatic impulse on arriving home is to open that bottle and have just one glass, which is never enough. Anyone who catches me intoxicated during the week is at liberty to remove my glass and my specs and punch my lights out. Weekends are another matter, as long as I'm not working the next day, as I sometimes must.

Signed,
The Boss

There will have to be displacement activity. In order of likelihood:
a) Decorating the flat
b) Cooking elaborate meals
c) Evening constitutional walks
d) Saving up for and planning the new kitchen and bathroom
e) Training Her Catness to do tricks
f) Learning to enjoy cleaning
g) Becoming born-again in The Lord

Further suggestions welcome.