ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Friday, June 22, 2007

Jobbies

The part-time jobbie (20 hrs) took up 33 hrs this week. For those that can manage simultaneous equations, that means I gave 165% this week quantitatively, much of it winging it and in at the deep end. The stress caused a laugh riot behind the scenes with my colleagues, who became co-conspirators in our public unflappability. What a great game, which is converting me to temporary false consciousness anyday!

Tomorrow morning, I don't know was whether Big Wan or I are in deeper trouble with his Dad. Big Wan went to a party and became tipsy even before last bus @ 22.45. He's only nearly 15, but didn't puke.

Luckily Big Wan was only 4 blocks from my flat when he exceeded his puny levels of liver enzymes, and was guided home in a merry, vocal and euphoric state by a sensible friend. I phoned his Dad (an additional 3 miles away) to let him know BW was home with me and safe for the night. I can't remember being so verbally pummeled since Family Mediation, which as far as I'm concerned would be better renamed Family Flagellation.

Labels: