ionetics

Unreliable and possibly off-topic

|

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Brain the size of a grape

Partial answers to Her Catness question- does She miaow at others after I've been out on a nightshift, or just me? According to kiddos, who beat me home this morning, She regaled them with Her catcalls all the way up the stair. Now I know what a faithless tart She is.

However, She did save a special present for me. Everything appeared well when I came home at 10am (even though stupid with sleep deprivation), but 5 minutes later a perfect cat turd had been lovingly laid on my bed. As some may remember we've had problems with cat dags and hairballs in the past (not Her fault), but have never known Her to defecate anywhere but Her litter tray from the first day She came home, after the cat Nazis had performed their home inspection.

The turd, thankfully dry, was still disturbingly warm when I picked it off the bed (with Marigolds plus a paper towel between me and it), so I knew it was fresh and... deliberate. Sure enough, when I checked Her litter tray it was full and the plastic liner containing the litter all ripped up and folded over the contents. She was pissed off all right, and had given me a clear warning that Her care had been sub-standard. I have spared the photo this time.